|Series:||Hot Topic, Hot Topic|
- Tobias Colding (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Panagiota Daskalopoulos (Columbia University)
- Guido De Philippis (Hausdorff Research Institute for Mathematics, University of Bonn)
- Nick Edelen (University of Notre Dame)
- Daniel Ketover (Imperial College, London)
- Chao Li (New York University, Courant Institute)
- Davi Maximo (University of Pennsylvania)
- Connor Mooney (University of California, Irvine)
- Felix Schulze (University of Warwick)
- Natasa Sesum (Rutgers University)
- Antoine Song (University of California, Berkeley)
- Bozhidar Velichkov (Università di Pisa)
- Brian White (Stanford University)
- Ling Xiao (University of Connecticut)
- Zihui Zhao (University of Chicago)
- Xin Zhou (Cornell University)
- Jonathan Zhu (Princeton University)
This workshop will explore connections between the regularity theory of minimal surfaces and of mean curvature flow. Recent breakthroughs have improved our understanding of singularity formation in both settings but the current research trends are becoming increasingly disparate. Experts from both areas will present their research and there will be ample free time to establish connections between the topics.Show less
mean curvature flow
singularities of variational problems
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has a preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (email@example.com).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Mar 21, 2022
Mar 22, 2022
Mar 23, 2022
Mar 24, 2022