|To apply for Funding you must register by:||May 22, 2016 almost 7 years ago|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
Show List of Speakers
- Mladen Bestvina (University of Utah)
- Martin Bridson (University of Oxford; Clay Mathematics Institute )
- Ruth Charney (Brandeis University)
- Thomas Church (Stanford University)
- Rémi Coulon (Université de Rennes I)
- Spencer Dowdall (Vanderbilt University)
- Cornelia Drutu (University of Oxford)
- Koji Fujiwara (Kyoto University)
- Camille Horbez (Université de Paris XI)
- Fanny Kassel (Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques (IHES))
- John Mackay (University of Bristol)
- Jason Manning (Cornell University)
- Conchita Martinez Perez (Universidad de Zaragoza)
- Denis Osin (Vanderbilt University)
- Alan Reid (Rice University)
- Samuel Taylor (Yale University)
- Henry Wilton (Center for Mathematical Sciences)
- Kevin Wortman (University of Utah)
This will be an introductory workshop to the MSRI jumbo program Geometric Group Theory being held during the Fall Semester of 2016. The purpose of the workshop is to provide an overview of key areas of research to be covered in the program, including an introduction to open problems of current interest.
If you are interested in presenting a poster, please sign up by clicking HERE
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI does not hire an outside company to make hotel reservations for our workshop participants, or share the names and email addresses of our participants with an outside party. If you are contacted by a business that claims to represent MSRI and offers to book a hotel room for you, it is likely a scam. Please do not accept their services.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page (the MSRI rate will automatically be applied).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI123 (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (email@example.com).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Show Directions to Venue
Show Reimbursement Guidelines
Aug 22, 2016
Aug 23, 2016
Aug 24, 2016
Aug 25, 2016
Aug 26, 2016